My first semester in the university

Share

...Registration...Orientation...Freshers' Official Party...Lectures...
Matriculation...Strike...End of Strike(aaaargh!!!)...Mid-Semester Exams...
Revision week...End of Semester Exams...Vacation :D
 I recall asking a lot of university students how university was like back then when I completed senior high school and was waiting for my results.I heard things like: "There's so much freedom in the university" ,"You don't even have to go for lectures","University is all about the parties,more chilling."

To tell you the blatant TRUTH: University is nowhere like all they told me.It is rather the OPPOSITE..Yeah,that's the truth.There might be freedom to some extent but how much?Lectures might not be compulsory but did I inform you about the hell I went through for missing just one lecture?

The fun part of the university is quite indispensable:Matriculation day,where all of us where gallantly dressed and eager to be called first year students;the parties;church activities;hall socializing and many others.

The strike period also set it and honestly,it did help people like me to relax and refresh my body from previous weeks of hectic lectures.Almost everybody didn't want the strike to end because we were now so comfortable and laziness was taking the better part of us.Quite unexpectedly,the lecturers' arrears were settled by the government and before our laziness level aggravated,we were back inside the classroom learning vectors and mechanics.LOL.

Examination last semester was an abnormal one(seriously).Instead of using one whole month,we used less than two weeks.Severe stress set in especially for those who offered more than ten courses.

Well,at least I have a smile on my face.After all,so many people are not privileged to be in the university like you and me.We thank God for a very successful semester and for bringing us all safely from diverse places back home to celebrate Christmas with our families.

How did your first semester go?
Feel free to share it in the comment section below.

1 comments:

Jay-Emm December 22, 2010 at 5:22 AM  

lol..last semester wz so nt d ISH..hoping next sem will b beta.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP